Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks Seminar
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Chemung County Chamber of Commerce
400 East Church Street
Elmira, NY 14901
Barclay Damon, LLP, attorney Michael J. Sciotti will present "Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks" Seminar on Tuesday November 8, 2016.
When most people think of a background check they think of a simple criminal history check. In reality, a background check is much more than that. It’s the process by which you find your best candidate.
This seminar will review the following topics:
- What can employers ask applicants about criminal conviction?
- Review of Article 23-A of the New York State Correction Law
- Ban-the-Box Legislation and Impact on Employers
- Background Check Rules
Registration is $15 and includes light breakfast fare.
- Bob Heary Discusses Diversity and Inclusion With Buffalo Law Journal
- Four Barclay Damon Practices, Seven Partners Earn Chambers Recognition
- Barclay Damon’s Patrick Burke Honored With Daily Record Excellence in Law Award
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law: Employer Notification Obligations
- Sweeping Amendments Impact Medicaid Fraud Control Units After 40 Years
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators