CUPA-HR Greater New York Chapter - Presentation: 2019 Legal Update
Thursday, May 2, 2019
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
1000 Genesee Street
Rochester, N.Y. 14611
Join the CUPA-HR Greater New York Chapter for its spring conference on Thursday, May 2 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Staybridge Suites Rochester University, 1000 Genesee Street, Rochester, NY 14611. Registration and continental breakfast begins at 8:30 am with programming starting at 9:00 am.
8:30 am to 9:00 am Registration and Networking
9:00 am to 9:10 am Introductions and Agenda Review
9:10 am to 10:30 am Civility in Higher Ed
John Martin, Director of Client Services, Princeton University
10:40 am to 12:30 pm Legal Updates - Michael J. Sciotti, Partner, Barclay Damon, LLP
• Paid Family Leave Act Updates, Changes and Unusual Leave Situations
• Sexual Harassment Prevention Mandatory Training
• Recreational Marijuana and Employment Proposal
• New Sexual Harassment Prevention Proposal
• New Equal Pay Act Proposal
• Proposed Equal Rights Amendment to New York State Constitution
• Federal Paid Family Leave
12:30 pm to 1:30 pm Lunch and Networking
1:30 pm to 2:45 pm Supervisor Development: Managing the Challenge of Training
Cornell University, Syracuse University and others
2:45 pm to 3:00 pm Wrap Up & Adjourn
Whether you are new to HR, higher ed or CUPA-HR, or are a seasoned and experienced HR veteran, you're sure to take away fresh ideas and creative approaches to implement at your institution.
Registration is $48 per person ($45 registration plus $3 processing fee). Lunch will be provided. If you require dietary restrictions or any accommodations to allow you to fully participate in the day’s activities, email Paula MacDonald.
Registration and continental breakfast begin at 8:30 a.m.
If you are interested in overnight accommodations, please use this booking link, www.UofRhotel.com, to receive a discounted room rate (rates are based on room selection).
Please share this invitation with other members of your institution who may be interested in attending this program.
On behalf of the Greater New York Chapter board, we hope to see you there!
Thank you to our Silver-level Sponsors: Cornerstone and TIAA. We appreciate your support!
Register by Friday, 4/26/19
- Bob Heary Discusses Diversity and Inclusion With Buffalo Law Journal
- Four Barclay Damon Practices, Seven Partners Earn Chambers Recognition
- Barclay Damon’s Patrick Burke Honored With Daily Record Excellence in Law Award
- Tim Green Honored With Syracuse University Chancellor’s Medal
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law: Employer Notification Obligations
- Sweeping Amendments Impact Medicaid Fraud Control Units After 40 Years
- NYS Appellate Court Holds That Whether Provision in Construction Contract Required Additional Insured Coverage Presented Question of Fact
- The 2019-2020 NYS Budget Requires Financial Reporting for Electric Generators