Marketing Team Intern – Writer
Barclay Damon LLP, a leading regional law firm of nearly 300 attorneys that operates from a strategic platform of offices located in the Northeastern United States and Toronto, is seeking a qualified intern candidate in our Buffalo or Syracuse office to participate in our paid internship program on the marketing team. The writer intern will work across multiple practice areas and content development projects assisting in the development of trade advertisements, press releases, attorney announcements, case studies, event invitations, custom marketing materials, pitchbooks, brochures, internal publications, and promotional materials. The intern will also have the opportunity to branch out and work on various other types of marketing requests and projects that may not relate to writing duties.
- Candidates should consider themselves strong marketing thinkers and writers.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create effective, high quality marketing materials.
- Write content for trade ads, press releases, attorney announcements, case studies, event invitations, custom marketing materials, pitchbooks, brochures, internal publications, and promotional materials.
- Edit and proofread marketing materials and RFP responses.
- Review materials to ensure the message quality, format, and content are consistent with firm guidelines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolving PR/marketing landscape (online and traditional media).
- Attend and participate in the weekly marketing department meeting (as scheduling permits).
- Monitor and follow status schedules to keep projects on time.
- Keep manager updated on changes in content requests.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to follow a style guide; preferred proficiency with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to transform business objectives into high quality written material.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong grasp of brand standards and editorial quality.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proofread work.
- Ability to take in and act on constructive criticism.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative, and flexible work style.
- Current student working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related degree program.
- Undergraduates must be entering or be in junior year or higher.
Internship hours and days are tailored to the individual intern's class schedule, are paid, and provide the option for college credit.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2019. We will accept applications through July 22, 2019. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in to:
Locations: Buffalo, NY or Syracuse, NY
Barclay Damon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/V/H
- Corporate Attorney (Buffalo)
- ERISA Attorney
- Litigation Attorney (Albany)
- Corporate Attorney—Senior Associate or Partner (Syracuse)
- Staff Attorney
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Senior Associate or Junior Partner (Albany or Syracuse)
- Trust and Estate Attorney (Syracuse)
- Commercial Litigation Attorney (Syracuse)
- Public Finance/Financial Institutions & Lending Associate (Albany)
- Torts & Insurance Staff Attorney
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Associate (Albany or Syracuse)
- Real Estate Attorneys (Syracuse)
- Business Attorney (Buffalo)
- IP Litigation Attorney