Matt Kerwin Earns Pro Bono Service Award
The Onondaga County Bar Association recognized Matthew T. Kerwin, counsel at Barclay Damon LLP, with the Pro Bono Service Award as part of its Law Day ceremonies Thursday.
Kerwin was honored “for his extraordinary volunteer commitment to the Say Yes to Education Legal Clinic, the landlord tenant court project, and his compassionate counsel to the clients he has supported through the pro se divorce clinic,” the Bar Association said in announcing the award.
“Matt’s commitment to our community is a credit to his profession and our firm,” said John Langan, Managing Partner at Barclay Damon. “We could not be more proud.”
Kerwin’s practice areas include Environmental and Land Use. In his practice, he has represented many different individuals and businesses in an array of land use and development matters, with a focus on representing wireless telecommunications providers and tower companies in the acquisition of land use and zoning approvals throughout New York State.
Kerwin is active in the community beyond his pro bono work. He serves as president of the commission of a local Catholic school and coaches one of the school’s youth basketball teams.
Bar Associations around the country mark Law Day at the beginning of May each year. In Onondaga County, this year’s effort was organized by Anne Burak Dotzler, associate at Barclay Damon.
- Attorneys Kasey Barrett and Amanda Miller Join Barclay Damon
- Former Summer Associate Ryan Altieri Joins Barclay Damon
- Barclay Damon’s Win on Appeal for Greenidge Generation, LLC Covered by Law360
- Marcy Robinson Dembs Published in Northern New York Community Foundation Newsletter
- Thawing the Frozen Obama-Era Disclosure Requirements: Federal Judge Rules Gender Pay Reporting May Be Mandated This Spring
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave: Coming Soon
- OCR Announces Resolution of Complaint That Health Care System Denied a Heart Transplant Opportunity Based on Disability
- Unanimous Supreme Court Rigid on Missed Appeal Deadline